I have started to receive inquiries regarding the status of our classes with the ongoing Coronavirus situation, so I just want to take a moment and address those in one fell swoop.
Mt. Vernon Community Center – we are on hold for a while while the leadership team for the space determines what they would like to do during this ongoing situation. Be on the lookout for emails and other updates regarding our situation here.
Sacred Core – As of now, there are no changes to the schedule in Bangor and I plan to be available to help everyone flow through the stresses of this unprecedented situation. In order to slow the spread of germs, I recommend the following:
- If you have your own yoga mat, please bring it. While we wipe down community mats on a regular basis, the most hygienic option is to use your own.
- Same goes for props (straps, blankets, blocks, etc.)
- If you have a head cold, you are more than welcome at practice, but be sure it’s just a cold and nothing more.
- Check the website and/or Facebook before heading to class – I too will be particularly cautious when dealing with head colds and other illness during this period of time and will communicate cancellations as they may arise.
- Wash your hands (I know, I know, common sense, but it has to be said)
If you are sick or just uncomfortable attending community classes and would like to get set up with access to our online community, please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I’ll help you get that rolling. College students who suddenly find themselves displaced will be offered access to our online community at a discounted rate.
Be sure to check on your neighbors. Please don’t hoard supplies. Practice good hygiene. Breathe.
Sending love and light and an extra dose of sanity in these strange times. If you need me, I’m here.